5 traditional lifestyle benefits!





(Note:People taking medications and  pregnant women, consult doctor before taking anything)

Cumin water(seeraka thanni):

              Water naturally has health benefits and added with cumin seeds( taken in empty stomach), helps remove toxin from our body, cures stomach ache, bloating, acidity and abdominal pain. It promotes lactation in pregnant women. Along with boosting immunity it also serves as an energy drink.

Preparation method: 




OR





Eating in Banana leaf:

                Banana has a plant based compound called polyphenols such as epigallocation gallete or EGCG, natural oxidants that battle free radicals and prevents diseases. It has a waxy layer, when served with hot food, releases a rich flavor, giving the food extra taste. It's anti-bacterial properties make it a compelling option. As it's chemical free in nature, we are on the safe side. 


Coriander tea(kothumalli tea):

          I feel that coriander tea could be used as a substitute for processed tea products in the market, as it has many health benefits. Coriander seeds are rich in vitamin K, C and B and helps in skin and hair care. It reduces unwanted bad fats, helping in weight loss. It is said to treat diabetes, lowers cholesterol and improves heart health.

Preparation method:






Eating cross-legged on floor:

                In Indian tradition, people sit on the floor in a cross-legged position to eat. The to and fro movement of eating position while sitting cross-legged on floor enables digestion. In this position, your knees, hips, spine, chest, and ankles stretch, making your body flexible. This lotus position also relieves waist pain and improves blood circulation.

Brown sugar:

                Before I bombard you with health benefits of brown sugar, I want to make clear of the authenticity of my claim. When I researched through google, I came upon startling articles that said that brown sugar is an ordinary sugar that is turned brown by the reintroduction of molasses. I do not contradict the claim as it is true adhering to the country it is prepared. But in Tamilnadu,(maybe in other parts of India too) it is made by heating the sugarcane juice and other materials( no harmful chemicals) to make jaggery and brown sugar( jaggery and brown sugar are different). I have seen the process in my teenage, as my grandparents were farmers. So I am sure about my claim( don't buy imported products, buy local products). 

Now back to its benefits, brown sugar helps in building immunity. It is particularly good for women as it helps to resolve menstrual cramps and strengthens uterus. It restores health in women after delivery. It is also said that the combination of ginger and brown sugar helps in indigestion.



 I would appreciate your comments on these health benefits of traditional life and I most welcome suggestions if you felt that I have left out any other traditional remedies. 

Labels: